Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-718-4872 to learn more!
Note: Limited Space Available!
BURGUNDY & PROVENCE (NORTHBOUND) 2020
CRUISE FROM : PORT-SAINT-LOUIS TO ST. JEAN-DE-LOSNE
Take a wondrous journey through beautiful views of France along the Rhône and Saône Rivers with guided sight-seeing in the well-known French treasures and some hidden gems too! Embark your ship in Port St. Louis, France, and sail to Arles—famous for inspiring the paintings of Van Gogh and its 1st-century Roman Amphitheater, which hosts plays and concerts to this day. On a guided tour of historical Avignon, see the 14th-century Palace of the Popes—the largest gothic fortress in the world. The city of Tournon is beautifully nestled among vineyards and you’ll go on a guided walk of this medieval treasure with plenty of Roman ruins and a fascinating 16th-century castle. Lyon, France’s gastronomic capital sits at the junction of the Rhône and Saône Rivers and is a showcase of medieval and Renaissance architecture. Visit the popular Place des Terreaux and stand in front of the famous fountain you’ve seen on postcards.
RIVERS: Rhône and Saône Rivers
PORT ST. LOUIS, FRANCE (EMBARKATION)
Welcome to France. Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding
Flights into Marseille must arrive by 3 pm.
Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
EVENING CRUISE TO ARLES
Inspiring Sights and Avant-Garde Lights
Enjoy a Guided Walking Tour of Arles—the captivating city of the Provence region. You’ll visit the Roman Amphitheater in this visually stunning city, OR:
Attend a Painting Workshop to learn the style and techniques of Vincent van Gogh. You’ll create your own painting in the style of the classic master who took inspiration from the Provence light and landscape in Arles.
Consider a Guided Optional Excursion to the Carrières de Lumières (Cathedral of Images) to immerse yourself in a truly unique experience of art, sound, and light in the old quarries of Val d’Enfer.
Take advantage of any free time remaining with a stop in Le Café Van Gogh for a glass of wine, to relax and watch the world go by, before sailing to Avignon.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN AVIGNON
Inspiring Sights and Avant-Garde Lights
Take a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the fortress city of Avignon—with its ramparts encircling the city—and a visit to the amazing Palace of the Popes.
Guided Optional Excursions include a visit to the ancient Roman aqueduct of Pont du Gard, or a trip to the famed wine cellars of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for a true taste of the Rhône wine region.
Explore Avignon on your own for the city’s art and culture, theatre, and museums. Be sure to snap photos of the captivating countryside, historic monuments, and the medieval Pont Saint-Bénézet.
Later, enjoy onboard live entertainment.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN AVIGNON
World History in a Charming French Country Village
Enjoy a leisurely morning sail to Viviers.
Explore the pale-stone buildings of Viviers on a late afternoon Guided Walking Tour of this charming village. You’ll see its Romanesque cathedral and Old Town with a mix of historical Christian, Roman, and medieval influences.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO TOURNON
A Rendezvous with Castle Views and Vineyards
Take a morning Guided Walking Tour to explore Tournon—one of France’s oldest medieval cities. See its 16th-century castle, and Roman ruins between the Rhône River and the granite slopes of the Hermitage.
In the late morning cruise to Vienne.
Roman and Middle Age History
Join a Guided Walking Tour of Vienne and discover this charming little town surrounded by steep hills.
Enjoy live entertainment while sailing to Lyon.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN LYON
Adventures in Food and Wine in the Gastronomy Capital of France
Join a Guided Sightseeing Tour to survey Lyon from Fourvière Hill with its numerous churches. You’ll also explore the Old Town with its maze of medieval alleyways, and the lively cafés, monuments, and famed fountain of Place des Terreaux.
Spend free time riding a bike through Lyon’s town squares, over bridges, and along the banks where the Rhône and Saône rivers meet.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO TOURNUS
TOURNUS— ST. JEAN DE LOSNE
Wine and Cheese on the Stunning Saône
Consider a Guided Optional Excursion to a Chardonnay wine cellar, or to the Castle of Cormatin. Alternatively enjoy a leisurely cruising morning along the majestic Saône River on your way to St. Jean de Losne.
Later, enjoy a delicious Cheese Tasting on board your ship.
Enjoy live entertainment on board this evening.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN ST. JEAN DE LOSNE
ST. JEAN DE LOSNE (DISEMBARKATION)
Your cruise ends with breakfast this morning.
Flights should not leave Lyon airport before Noon.
The Avalon Poetry II offers a delightfully intimate cruise setting. Like its sister Suite Ships®, the Avalon Artistry II, Avalon Visionary, Avalon Tapestry II, and Avalon Tranquility II, the Poetry II features two full decks of suites featuring Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows that transform the living space into a unique Open-Air Balcony. With 200 square feet, Panorama Suites are more than 30% larger than the industry standard, giving you the rare opportunity to wake each morning to the enchanting scenery and fresh breezes. Onboard amenities include an alternative dining option in the Panorama Bistro, complimentary computer use in public areas and Wi-Fi access, a Fitness Center, and a spacious Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs, whirlpool, and light al fresco lunches at the Sky Bistro.
- Avalon Fresh healthy cuisine options at every meal
- Self-serve beverage station with complimentary tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, including decaf options
- Welcome & farewell cocktails with sparkling wine & canapés
- Spacious, open-seating Panorama Dining Room
- Daily early-riser breakfast
- Daily late-riser breakfast
- Full buffet breakfast with sparkling wine and made-to-order egg station
- Lunch buffet with carving and pasta stations
- Al fresco lunch in the Sky Grill
- Cocktails with a view on the Sky Deck
- Healthy Corner options including low calorie, low fat, high fiber, low cholesterol, and high energy choices
- Vegetarian options at every meal, as well as vegan and allergy-free selections
- Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, and sweet treats
- Happy Hour every evening including featured drink specials
- Seasonal cuisine featuring the freshest local ingredients
- Chef-prepared onboard meals with regional cuisine and familiar favorites
- Four-course dinners with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrées and desserts or cheese
- Complimentary wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Complimentary room service for Continental breakfast
- Panorama Lounge & Bar with premium spirits, cozy seating, panoramic windows & dance floor
- Healthy meal options
- Casual dinner in the Panorama Bistro
- Linger over several selections from the Panorama Bistro's tasting menu for a less formal "sit-down" atmosphere
- Tastings - sample the destination's famous delicacies
- Coffee or tea after dinner
- Light lunch in the Panorama Lounge
- FlexDining flexible dining times with menu & venue options
AVALON SUITE FLEET
FITNESS & WELLNESS
AVALON PANORAMA SUITES & STATEROOMS